Sunday, April 19, 2009

Double Wing

Well, like Wally, I'm still tying flies too, right now it's my version of Gary Lafontaine's Double Wing pattern. 





Lafontaine’s Double Wing... tied Dougies’ way... with help from my friend Bill Pitts.


Materials List:

Hook - Mustad 9671 #12-14 dry fly. 

Thread - White 6/0 uni.

Tail - Antron or nylon yarn, ginger.

Tag - White thread cover 1/3rd of hook shank.

Rear Wing - Elk hair, apply super glue to butts.

Body - gray dubbing 1/3rd of hook shank, w/palmered grizzly hackle trimmed “^” on bottom.

Front Wing & Hackle - 1/3rd of hook shank, white craft foam measured to the bend of the hook, with coachman brown or ginger hackle.

Head: color thread w/brown sharpie then whip finish.






4/17/09:  I've also been doing some inland trout fishing here in NY for our local browns.  The Hendrickson hatch is on now and here is one example of the brown trout I caught even though the creek was crowded... could be that it was the nicest day of the year so far with temp's in the 60's that brought everybody to the stream. Anyway, I hope you get out there and wet a line too!




No comments:

Post a Comment